The Loneliest Jukebox

Graham Barnfield's weblog, being gradually replaced by his Twitter feed - www.twitter.com/GrahamBarnfield

Graham Author Page

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Normal service almost resumed

Tomorrow sees me return to work, which may or may not increase/decrease the volume of blogging. So I'm back teaching again, instead of sitting around my underpants drinking tea and watching back-to-back episodes of the Shield . (What a season finale, by the way.)

Whatever happens as I roll into the university, it will not be as hard as construction work used be for me. Come to think of it, the construction work I used to do - on two fry-ups a day - is nowhere near as hard as the work going into remaking Dubai at the moment. National bird - the crane, as they joke on Fort Lauderdale riverboat tours. The developers are not getting it all their own way, however, as workers in Dubai are getting organised too. (Source is HASSAN M. FATTAH 'In Dubai, an Outcry From Asians for Workplace Rights', New York Times, 26 March 2006.)
---------
What I'm watching? Dead End (buy it here) and The Long Goodbye (buy it here, and look out for my 18 year-old self in the audience; no, I couldn't see me either).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home