The Loneliest Jukebox

Graham Barnfield's weblog, being gradually replaced by his Twitter feed - www.twitter.com/GrahamBarnfield

Graham Author Page

Tuesday, January 17, 2023

A Rum Lot

As long as I can remember, my parents would say "blackcurrant rum" as shorthand for a time before 1969 when they had fun. Presuming that the story behind this involved getting tipsy, I vowed to source them some blackcurrant rum  which is actually more difficult than it sounds.

I ordered some online for them as an Xmas stocking filler, which arrived late.

Anyway, the reason for the shorthand is from the time when they organised a housewarming party in the late 1960s and laid on the booze (some of it stored under the stairs, to this day). Hey, it was the 1960s.

A neighbour's mother asked for blackcurrant rum — when it was about the only drink they hadn't bought in ready for their guests. Harumph!

Meanwhile Mum and Dad hate the taste of rum.

I'm going to have to drink it myself now.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home